Looking for a healthy alternative to fried chicken or spaghetti? This good, old-fashioned BBQ chicken is marinated to make it juicy and tender. Plus, cooking it on indirect heat reduces the harmful carcinogens that can occur with high-temperature cooking.
- 4 organic bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsps poultry seasoning
- 2 large organic zucchini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (more to taste if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Place the chicken breasts in a deep dish or bowl. Mix with marinade ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Place on a hot grill but not on direct flame.
- Close lid of grill and turn periodically until done (about 25 minutes).
- Using a spiral slicer or mandolin, slice zucchini into strands or ribbons.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat (do not heat too much), add garlic and cook for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes and cook until just heated. Be careful not to overcook.
- Simply sauté chopped bok choy in coconut oil.
- Add sea salt and a dash of liquid amines or tamari.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes if desired.